Monday, March 12, 2012

Song of the Week: Across the Universe by The Beatles

Good Monday, everyone!!

This week’s song choice was chosen mostly due to the contest that I’ll be having on the blog this week: ‘Lessons Learned from ‘Across the Universe’….and a Playlist Plotting Contest’

Here’s a preview of what we’re looking for with this contest (more details will be provided in the post on where this idea stemmed from):

  • Your mission: Create a plot using Playlist Plotting. OR you can take one you already have and create the perfect playlist to amplify your story.
  • Judging: This contest will be judged by the wonderfully talented and awesome, Lisa Gail Green from Paranormal Point of View
  • Rules/Limitations: Across the Universe used 29 songs in its Playlist Plotting…BUT we’re going to limit this with
    • 10 songs, 10 plot points, 10 opportunities for you to make your story sing *smile*
    • Put your Playlist Plotting creativity in the comments
    • Commenting closes at 8pm EST on Tuesday, March 20th
    • The winners will be announced on Wednesday, March 21st
  • Prizes: There will be two winners:

Start thinking about the music that inspires your writing every day and be sure to come back on Wednesday to learn about Playlist Plotting and enter the contest!

And how here’s this week’s song. Enjoy!



Across the Universe Lyrics
Written by: John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Words are flowing out like
Endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe

Pools of sorrow waves of joy
Are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai Guru Deva, om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which
Dance before me like a million eyes
They call me on and on across the universe

Thoughts meander like a
Restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe

Jai Guru Deva, om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Sounds of laughter, shades of life
Are ringing through my opened ears
Inciting and inviting me

Limitless undying love, which
Shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai Guru Deva, om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Jai Guru Deva
Jai Guru Deva
Jai Guru Deva
Jai Guru Deva


Happy Reading and Writing, everyone!!!

Melinda
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...